A Blue State of Mind

"The biggest adventure you can ever take is to live the life of your dreams." Oprah

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Western U.S, United States

I spent 48 years caring about what people thought of me. I'm not spending the rest of my life caring about that anymore!

Friday, November 10, 2006

Time Waits for No (wo)Man


Found this over at Blu's a new site I've stumbled upon. I was nice and told her I was stealing it from her site. The rest of the site is a list of her short stories and poetic prose.
It is so awesome to find this message during my troubled times. Just proves my point to my family and friends that the (ever increasing) time I spend blogging and reading blogs is therapeutic. Read and enjoy, then make a commitment to stop wasting time.

To realize The value of a sister: Ask someone who doesn't have one.

To realize The value of ten years: Ask a newly-divorced couple.

To realize The value of four years: Ask a graduate.

To realize The value of one year: Ask a student who has failed a final exam.

To realize The value of nine months: Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.

To realize The value of one month: Ask a mother who has given birth to a premature baby.

To realize The value of one week: Ask an editor of a weekly newspaper.

To realize The value of one minute: Ask a person who has missed the train, bus or plane.

To realize The value of one-second: Ask a person who has survived an accident.

To realize The value of a friend, family member or a pastor: LOSE ONE

Time waits for no one. Treasure every moment you have.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kiyotoe said...

The value of a second is definitely not lost on me, for that very same accident reason.

Whew.

God has seen me through so many "close calls" that I'm scared I may be using up my nine lives.

November 11, 2006 5:32 AM  
Blogger Blu Jewel said...

Debo - thank you for stopping by and it was such a compliment that you wanted to "steal" it. I'm happy you did as i'm sure it will reach your audience as it has mine.

November 11, 2006 7:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home