A Blue State of Mind

"The biggest adventure you can ever take is to live the life of your dreams." Oprah

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Western U.S, United States

I spent 48 years caring about what people thought of me. I'm not spending the rest of my life caring about that anymore!

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Thursday Thirteen


Found this over at Barb's. It's the perfect site for those of us new to blogging and it's just the site you need when winding down after a long day debating political and religious issues.
Here are Thirteen reasons I'm glad the election's over:

1. I can answer my phone without having to worry that it's a recorded political message telling me how to cast my vote.
-
2. The NY Times will finally have something ELSE to write about on their front pages and in the editorials.
-
3. No more having to hear Rush Airbag and Dumb Kerry make jokes at others' expense.
-
4. I don't have to see nasty commercials paid for by rich sociopaths.
-
5. No more public debating where each candidate sounds pre-recorded and mass produced.
-
6. All of those crummy boards on the edges of sidewalks and vacant lots will be carted away.
-
7. No more jokes on Leno and Kimmel about the latest Arnold Schwarzenegger opponent.
-
8. I won't be subjected to more gross commercials showing animal cruelty.
-
9. Donald Rumsfield has 'left the building'.
-
10. Now we can see if the Democrats do what they promised to do if elected.
-
11. Not having to watch election commercials featuring local actors who couldn't act their way out of a brown paper bag.
-
12. Not having to worry about the amount of germs I've just inherited by shaking hands with a candidate who's just shaken hands with 132 other campaign workers.
-
13. The thirteenth reason I'm glad the election's over: we have our first Black Governor of Massachusetts, and only our 2nd since Reconstruction!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Pea said...

this was my first american election experience IN AMERICA. i was BLESSED by harold ford jr's speech... big time! and i'm glad the democrats have the house and the senate. too true about the 13 things... too true... the campaign commercials... those were nasty.

November 09, 2006 2:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home