A Blue State of Mind

"The biggest adventure you can ever take is to live the life of your dreams." Oprah

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Western U.S, United States

I spent 48 years caring about what people thought of me. I'm not spending the rest of my life caring about that anymore!

Monday, October 23, 2006

I Will Sing of the Lord's Goodness Toward Me


"IT is of the LORD's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness. The LORD is my portion, saith my soul, therefore will I hope in Him. The LORD is good unto them that wait for him, to the soul that seeketh him." (Lamentations 3:22-25)
-
Talk about a tough couple of days. I've missed doing this, letting my frustrations flow through my fingertips. Rather, I stewed and beat myself up. Told myself that I have no value, that I'm fat, old and stupid. I've reached for every chocolate bar and slice of pumpkin bread within two miles and stuffed them into my mouth, realizing that the comfort I found in in them would be fleeting.
*
I was over at Pea's tonight and saw this amazing scripture! How did He know I'd need her to post that to remind me that these worldly troubles will not consume me? Why did it take her being hated on to help my mind tonight? Rather than stew about my troubles, I think I'll bless the Lord!
*
I have the activity of my limbs. Eyesight. A family that loves me. A good-paying job (although this is the source of my frustration, anger and unhappiness). I have good health considering my weight and age. A new notebook. Free printer/scanner/copier. A friendly mailman who leaves packages on the porch because he knows we'll get them. A great new car that I LOVE! Clothes on my back, shoes on my feet. My own bedroom. The right to vote (which I use EVERY election). And most of all-I know Jesus as a Saviour and a healer.
SONGS FOR HIM (sorry, don't know the authors to these songs):
*
''He gave me life one day in my mother's womb. He gave me life all the way from an empty tomb. He took my place on Calvary, they crucified Him instead of me. If He doesn't do anything else, He's done enough! He's done enough! He's done enough. He's done so much more than I deserve. You know, my life was such a disgrace, but Jesus died in my place. If He doesn't do anything else, He's done enough."
*
"I can never repay You Lord for what You've done for me. How You loosed my shackles and You set me free. How You made a way out of no way, turned my darkness into day. Gave me joy in the time of sorrow, hope for my tomorrow. Peace in the midst of storm, strength when I'm weak and worn. You've been so faithful!"
*
"Who am I that You are thinking of me? That You hear me when I call? It's amazing!"
*
"There's not a friend like the lowly Jesus. No, not one. None else can heal all our soul's diseases. No, not one. Jesus knows all about our struggles and He will abide 'til the day is done. There's not a friend like the lowly Jesus. No, not one."
*
"What a friend we have in Jesus! All our sins and griefs to bear. What a priviledge it is to carry everything to God in prayer. O, what peace we often forfeit. O what needless pains we bear. All because we do not carry everything to God in prayer."
*
"So many wonderful things about Jesus, so many wonderful things about Him. His name is Wonderful. He's a wonderful counselor. So many wonderful things about Jesus, so many wonderful things about Him."
*
"I will dance, I will sing and be crazy for the King. Nothing Lord is hindering this passion in my soul. And I'll become even more undignified than this!"
*
"I've found a friend who is all to me, and His love is ever true. I love to tell how He lifted me and what His love can do for you. I'm saved by His power devine, saved to a new life sublime. Life now is sweet and my joy is complete for I'm saved! Saved! Saved!"
*
"Hallelujah for the Lord our God, the Almighty reins! Great is He! He's the King of kings and the Lord of lords, He is wonderful! Hallelujah for the Lord our God the Almighty reins!"
*
"Jesus loves me this I know. For the Bible tells me so. Little ones to Him belong. They are weak but He is strong. Yes, Jesus loves me! Yes, Jesus loves me! Yes, Jesus loves me. The Bible tells me so"
*
"Lord how increased are they that trouble me. Many are they that rise up against me. Many are they which say of my soul, "there is no hope for him in God." But Thou oh Lord are a shield for me, my shelter and a lifter-up of my head! I cried unto the Lord with my voice and He heard me out of His holy hill. I lay me down and slept. I awake for the Lord sustained me."
*
"God sent His Son, they called Him Jesus. He came to save, heal and forgive. He bled and died just to buy my pardon. An empty grave is there to prove my Saviour lives. Because He lives, I can face tomorrow. Because He lives, all fear is gone. Because I know Who holds my future, my life is worth the living just because He lives!"
*
"Can't nobody do me like Jesus. Can't nobody do me like the Lord. Can't nobody do me like Jesus, He's my friend."
*
"And the angels called Him Jesus. Born of a Virgin. Mary called Him Jesus, but I call Him Lord."
*
"O sweet wonder, Jesus the Son of God. O sweet wonder, Jesus the Son of God."
*
"My soul loves Jesus.
He's a wonder in my soul.
My soul seeks to please Him.
My hope is in the Lord."
*
"Lord You've made a way when there was no way. Lord You turned my night's darkness into day. Lord You've picked me up, turned my life around. Lord You've filled my cup, broke that fallow ground. Lord You've brought me out, I don't have a doubt. Waymaker!"
*
See, I feel better already! This is what David meant when he told us we would have to encourage ourselves. I couldn't call my friends because they're busy. Couldn't tell my sister because she has more problems than me. Told my mom who rebuked me and reminded me that Saints rest in the Lord during times of trouble and storm. Thank God for saved mommas and Pea. And Ester. And December, Loretta, Venus, Niece, Rachel, Joyce, Sheila, Joel, Timothy, Mooka, Monet, David J., David P., Arturo, Linda, Angela, Pete, Teresa and each of you who have blessed me.

2 Comments:

Blogger Pea said...

you know, it's like with every song i got happier... you have NO IDEA how this entry blessed me... God is great like that!! used us to bless each other. thanks for the comment. i, too, will focus on the LORD and sing of His goodness toward me. forever! no matter what. much love in Christ.

October 24, 2006 7:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm in a love-hate relationship with digital memory because of how prices are always,and I mean always falling. I hate buying Micro SD Cards for my R4 / R4i at (what seems to be) a crazy bargain price only to see it become a whole lot more cheaper a couple of weeks later.

(Posted on SerVo for R4i Nintendo DS.)

February 09, 2010 8:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home