A Blue State of Mind

"The biggest adventure you can ever take is to live the life of your dreams." Oprah

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Western U.S, United States

I spent 48 years caring about what people thought of me. I'm not spending the rest of my life caring about that anymore!

Saturday, March 06, 2010

Weekend Wrap Up


Another end to a great weekend.


This is the last weekend before the cruise so this was the last day to really get everything set up and complete. I was going to get my mani/pedi done today but decided to wait 'til Wednesday for that, just to make sure my chubby little Fred Flintstone feet are still fresh.

Dropped over at Dillard's and bought a cute and functional wide-brimmed hat. It looks like straw but is plastic so I won't have to worry about it crumpling and being destroyed in the suitcase. It's wide enough to cover my face and chest, so along with a liberal amount of sunscreen, it should help me not be burned. The first time I took a cruise I returned with a bad case of sun poisoning. All because I thought Black people didn't get sunburn. I've learned my lesson in sun bathing. Twice.

I also picked up some Clinique and sale costume jewelry today. I love jewelry and Macy's and Dillard's always have great selections. And, when these two stores have sales, they really mean sales and I can always find bargains if I shop during a sale.

My brother in Idaho is so nervous, and I'm tickled. This is his first cruise. He's always been afraid of cruising so when he decided to come with us on this one, everyone was in shock. When his passport arrived he was soooo happy! I spoke with him this afternoon and tried to help calm him down. He's read about the cruise ship that was hit by a rogue wave and it's bothering him. I've been assuring him that before this cruise is over, he will be planning the next one. I'm believing we'll have a great time.

Aside from Dramamine and Immodium Ad tabs, I'm all set to begin packing. Tomorrow I'll list the outfits I'll be taking with me, and Tuesday the actual packing begins. As always I'm cool, organized and prepared. My only concern is whether I really needed to buy seven pairs of sandals. Oh well, I'll return the pairs I don't take with me.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jeni said...

Seven pairs of sandals, huh? Gosh, does that ever sound like the kind of dilemma my older daughter, Carrie, would have. I do believe you and Carrie are sisters or at the very least, cousins, perhaps.
Mandy is pretty excited here too -11 more days before she lands in your fair city and then, is whisked off by her stepmother shortly after landing, to Laughlin, Nev. She'll be back in Phoenix on the 23rd to come home but I have no clue what time that flight is scheduled to depart. When you come home, we'll have to set up a Facebook connection so she can let you know and perhaps you two can meet at the airport when she leaves -like she and Keith are planning to do the day she arrives. I very excited for her too over this trip -and also that she might have a chance to meet two of my Blog/Facebook friends along the way. She's had the opportunity to get to know Keith a good bit via Facebook over the past couple of months and she's even gone to him to "talk" with him via chat about some of the issues ongoing here.
And you my dear friend -here's hoping this cruise brings all kinds of great rest and relaxation for you -and for your brother, who's a tad on the antsy side about this trip too! Never been on a cruise myself but friends and family have told me they are super-fantastic. I'm gonna have to take their word for that and continue to live my live vicariously from what pictures they send/post and stories they tell me.
Meanwhile, have a great time, Debo!

March 07, 2010 4:05 AM  
Blogger Dave said...

Four pairs of shoes, an one is steel toed for construction sites.

Have fun.

March 07, 2010 5:59 AM  
Anonymous Debo Blue said...

Jeni-I'm going to email you my phone number.

Dave-two words: Willy Loman (smooch)

March 07, 2010 11:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home