A Blue State of Mind

"The biggest adventure you can ever take is to live the life of your dreams." Oprah

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Western U.S, United States

I spent 48 years caring about what people thought of me. I'm not spending the rest of my life caring about that anymore!

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Seasonal Help

"To everything there is a season. And a time and purpose under Heaven"

The Scripture is found in Ecclesiastes and simply means we're gonna have good days and bad days. Good seasons and bad seasons. A time to cry and a time to rejoice. A time for war and a time for peace.

When I was coming up (means growing up), we sang in church songs that foretold of hard, trying times. Times when the sun wouldn't shine. Times when we thought His face was no longer turned toward us. And those same songs promised that if we held on and didn't give up we'd make it through. Be triumphant. Win the race. Weeping may endure for the night but joy was coming in the morning.

I once was young, but now I'm old(er) and I've had to endure a whole lot of heartbreak and sorrow but you know what? My bad days never outweighed my good days. I've endured season after season. And I know for a certainty this season will change. I just have to hold on. Tie a knot in a knot. Keep praying and keep believing He's gonna make it all right.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jeni said...

Yep, so very true, Debo. Just keep hanging on and believing. The bad days always do seem to last longer -almost forever at the time -but overall, I do think they make us appreciate those good days a whole lot more then.
Just keep that cup half-full, girl!

February 24, 2010 2:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it also depends on your outlook. Keep positive and surround yourself with positive people and you'll be fine.

PS-you think you know, but you really don't.

February 24, 2010 8:20 AM  
Anonymous Debo Blue said...

Jeni-the glass seems to be tipping to the almost full mark. Although the post seems like I'm full of trouble, I'm actually very happy. I think I'm anticipating trouble rather than just relaxing and enjoying peace time.

Anon-okay, I'll play but you started commenting on this blog at the same time -coincidentally- I shared the info with someone. So if you're not, stop hiding behind the anon cloak. Grown people act like grown people right?

February 24, 2010 1:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home