A Blue State of Mind

"The biggest adventure you can ever take is to live the life of your dreams." Oprah

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Western U.S, United States

I spent 48 years caring about what people thought of me. I'm not spending the rest of my life caring about that anymore!

Monday, February 01, 2010

Early Monday Morning Thoughts


Sitting here, breakfast is finished, Lemon/Chamomille tea is now lukewarm, I've checked the headlines of MSNBC, CNN, followed up on Grammy winners and fashion and researched the ongoing feud between Anderson Cooper and Wyclef Jean. I'm ready for bed but it's Monday morning and I'm up because I couldn't sleep. I've visited some sites I haven't been to in a long while. Fermi's feline brood look perfect, Jenn is blogging again (but I haven't seen her on FB in a long while), I've teased Dave about his lack of medical supplies but read Doc's comment for a belly laugh!

Several things contributed to my sleeplessness:

-I fell asleep with my window open and the ensuing dampness and cold that slipped in and surrounded my head and shoulders
-the gang(?) of feral cats that I've been trying to keep nourished were bickering constantly
-I went to bed around 10p, way ahead of my normal schedule of 1:30 or 2am.

So now here I am-morning hunger sated with ground turkey, eggs and cheese and the chamomille tea I received as a gift about a week ago. If I go back to bed now, I'll be able to get roughly two hours or more of sleep and be ready to start the work week all over again. It may not happen but I'm going to give it the old college try.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jeni said...

Your normal hour for bedtime would have worked fairly well here last night as Kurtis was up and raring to go and keep on going too as late as 2 a.m. Thankfully, he was happy and not being crabby and miserable!
I don't have so much the problem of a draft causing my aching joints as much as I do my own stupidity when I fall asleep in the recliner sitting up and not having it in the "reclining" position and I wake up suddenly with a crick in my neck or shoulders. I'm a bit of a slow learner at times ya know.
Peace.

February 01, 2010 8:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home