A Blue State of Mind

"The biggest adventure you can ever take is to live the life of your dreams." Oprah

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Western U.S, United States

I spent 48 years caring about what people thought of me. I'm not spending the rest of my life caring about that anymore!

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Four Days

Last month I took two days off of work to catch up with personal things that needed attention. I decided to do the same thing this month because last month I was able to wrap up a lot of things. This time though, I took the four days off just to relax, veg a bit and catch up on reading.
I mentioned on Facebook that for four days I:
-was not a mindless, colourless drone or cog working for the large faceless capitalist corporation
-was not going to care about other people's problems, it's all about me
-was going to eat anything I wanted (within reason)
-would go where I wanted when I wanted
Today was my first of four days and it went pretty well I think. Well it could have gone better if I had not slept most of the day away. Really.
First off I stayed up to 4am last night catching up on news and healthcare reform. This caused me to sleep 'til 9a and because I was feeling lethargic I returned to my warm/cool bed and dozed for another hour. Finally at 10 I felt okay to get up and start my day.
My sister surprised me with a breakfast of jalepeno bagels and chive cream cheese and more internet reading ensued. Which is code for napping just so you know:-)
That nap lasted six hours and here I am: up and wondering what to do that won't disturb the other residents of the house. I've some ideas:
-syncing my iPhone and iPod
-blogging
-catching up the lastest issues of Vanity Fair and Economist
-folding clothes
-Twitter and FB

3 Comments:

Blogger Jeni said...

I vote for Blogging, Facebook, Twittering is ok I guess (I have an account but rarely, if ever, use it). Follow that with the Vanity Fair and Economist, then the iPhone and iPod and save the folding of clothes for when you run out of other things to do! This is supposed to be R&R, fun thing for Debo so that puts anything having to do with housework, etc (other than necessities like maybe washing dishes) off limits!
Go and Enjoy now! You deserve that break today and over the next 2-3 too!

October 16, 2009 6:18 AM  
Blogger Dave said...

Happy second day off.

October 16, 2009 8:01 AM  
Blogger fermicat said...

Four days off at home sounds heavenly. I hope you enjoy it and recharge.

October 17, 2009 8:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home