A Blue State of Mind

"The biggest adventure you can ever take is to live the life of your dreams." Oprah

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Western U.S, United States

I spent 48 years caring about what people thought of me. I'm not spending the rest of my life caring about that anymore!

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Summer Love

Sitting out on the porch. It's a little chilly but not uncomfortably so. I've just placed about six stalks of bacon-covered asparagus on a mesquite and charcoal fired grill. The kids are getting their fill of grilled hamburger and hot links whole the adults wait for the asparagus and ribs to finish. Most of the others are chilling in the kitchen while the banana pudding is chilling in the 'fridge.

Summer comes early in the 602. Tomorrow's high is expected to reach almost 80 degrees and is expected to stay up for a few weeks. So I look at your pictures of snow (even the light dusting some of you received) and shiver and wish-ever so little- that I was there with you. Well, in the same climate. You know what I meant. But sitting out here, looking up at the clear black sky, listening through the open door to some of the conversations in the kitchen and I decide this is a WHOLE lot better!

Tomorrow's Valentine's day and love is celebrated all over the U.S. I love the idea of love. The business of love. The courage and strength of love. I'm very lucky and exceptionally blessed to be loved. And I'm not too selfish and self absorbed to keep it all and not reciprocate. It was love that saved me. For God so loved the world that He gave His only Begotten Son. That whosoever believeth on Him should not perish. But they shall have everlasting life.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jeni said...

Your weather -and menu -both sound really great. But, your ultimate message does really say it all.
Peace -and with love to you and yours, Debo.

February 14, 2010 6:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home