A Blue State of Mind

"The biggest adventure you can ever take is to live the life of your dreams." Oprah

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Western U.S, United States

I spent 48 years caring about what people thought of me. I'm not spending the rest of my life caring about that anymore!

Thursday, February 18, 2010

My Toyota Woes

About five years ago I bought a new Toyota. One of those cute little things that looked good and was economical both in value and costs. Of the two previous cars I owned, this was my first foreign made vehicle purchased. I had two uncles who worked in the Motor City for GM and it was drilled into my head to buy American to save their jobs and support American workers. Well, my uncles no longer employed, I decided to buy this little Toyota and haven't had any problems 'til today.

My car comes equipped with "idiot bells" that warn you when the lights are on and the engine is off. There's a bell to alert you if the key is still in the ignition when the driver's door is opened, even if the motor is still on. I appreciate these idiot bells because I was continually leaving my keys in my cars and having to have someone bring my other keys or find help opening the car.

So, I've been reading about Toyota's woes, and am anticipating Congress sharpening their teeth on trying disgrace Toyota but I wasn't that interested because my car was running fine. Plus, there's not that much Congress can do to Toyota because of their progress and prowess in the auto world (my opinion).

Today I was in the car and had turned off the motor but left the key in the ignition. The idiot bell immediately sounded and I promptly removed the key and set it atop my tote. I got out of the car as quickly and gracefully as a woman of my weight and girth could, I pushed the auto door lock and firmly shut the door leaving my keys and my purse sitting in the front seat.

Now, don't you think Toyota should install a sensory (idiot bell) that indicates to really, REALLY stupid people that they've locked up everything in their car? I'm writing my Congressman to start a recall.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

February 19, 2010 6:32 PM  
Blogger fermicat said...

I'm the kind of person who would lock their keys in their car, so I've made it a habit to always lock it only with the key.

February 21, 2010 7:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

February 22, 2010 5:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home