A Blue State of Mind

"The biggest adventure you can ever take is to live the life of your dreams." Oprah

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Western U.S, United States

I spent 48 years caring about what people thought of me. I'm not spending the rest of my life caring about that anymore!

Friday, January 09, 2009

Meandering Through My Mind


Nothing special to blog about tonight. Just some thoughts and ideas that have strolled around to the front of my thoughts. This is a picture taken of the setting sun. I wish you could have seen how spectacular it was.

Is it just me or is there something just too fishy about "the gentleman from Illinois" Burris? I haven't followed his career, heck I'd never heard of him until all this circus action went down a few weeks ago, but I'm wondering how much of his children's inheritance he had to pay his governor for that Senate seat. One part of me thinks this man's a fool to just show up as the Chosen One knowing the obstacles and disbelief he will have to tackle. The other part thinks he's the ultimate opportunistic all ready to get his. And isn't this the attitude that's gotten this country in the shape it's currently in?

Walmart announced lower than expected results and one of the genius market watchers remarked "This suggests that the lower income group is feeling the pinch more than we thought..." What?? How much does this guy get to sit around a big office and state the obvious? You mean to tell me that it took Walmart to make the country aware that poor people are struggling? The fact that milk costs more than a gallon of gas, millions without health insurance, increased forfeitures and high unemployment wasn't enough for them to understand that? How can I get a job like that?

Tonight's a full moon. Regular readers know how much I LOVE full moons. Tonight I sat outside talking w/JT and wondered how all that snow in Boise or Ely would look under a moon as bright. That's one disappointment about my Boise trip-each night the skies were overcast so I couldn't see the stars. Boise, having lower light pollution than Phoenix, is better able to showcase the majesty that is the night sky.

Have you ever watched rising steam as it dissipates into the air? We did that tonight too. Sat there chatting about work, watching the steam billow up, hold a shape then slowly fade away to nothingness. And I came to the realization that most of the shapes looked like characters from a Dr. Seuss book. Really! I could see Thing One and Thing Two from "The Cat and the Hat", residents of Whoville.

And what had me smiling all day? Well the news of Pacman Jones getting kicked the h-ll out of Dallas! Finally Jerry Jones counted up the costs and determined he and the 'Boys can do bad all by themselves. Pacman's lawyer is projecting that Pacman won't be unemployed long because he's young and all that. And he's almost right. What he should be saying is Pacman won't be free for long because he will soon join all the other thugs and untrained, unrestrained, Ritalin-reject losers like him in the county jail awaiting trail for something stupid he could have avoided. And without Jerry Jones' protection, what's he gonna do? Sit in jail and try to make bail. Now, if we can just get rid of that bottom-feeder Owens.

7 Comments:

Blogger Jeni said...

Re the part about the Walmart spokesperson -doesn't it just boggle your mind though at the iq levels some of these higher-ups display?
Crazy, I tell you -just plain crazy along with a lot stupid.

January 09, 2009 2:52 AM  
Blogger Smalltown RN said...

NO unfortunately I can't comment on the folks you mentioned as I haven't heard anything about them. But I will comment on the WalMart executives statement....."Dah!!!!" Oh my goodness...you are right what in the world does it take to make the biggy wigs stand up and take notice of the decline in the economy and general well being of the population.

I love sunsets and sunrises..I am fortunate where I live that on a clear night the night sky is absolutely amazing...I've actually been able to see the Milky way and the northern lights...truly a spectacular sight to behold.....

Thanks for your suggestions on books...I will have to check into them....have a great day!

January 09, 2009 6:07 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You should check out this post on Burris's tomb. He seems to have quite the ego. http://reallyboring.net/?p=2083

January 09, 2009 8:51 AM  
Blogger Dave said...

I've for the most part lived in cities with too many lights.

When I graduated from high school may parents moved to the northwestern part of the lower pennisula of Michigan.

I always loved going for the weekend, arriving after dark on a friday night. As I drove the second half of the miles, the stars appeared. When I pulled in the driveway, they were still there and available to be pondered upon.

January 09, 2009 5:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeni-this guy should have been embarassed to even comment publicly like this. I wonder how many rolled eyes he saw as he struggled back to his office, carrying his huge ego.

Smalltown-I can only imagine how beautiful your area must be! To see eagles and other wildlife, your skies would have me comatose from their beauty:-)

Sarala-OMG! What monstrosity is this??

Dave-you're feeling me! Just to sit there and look at all that power and know that God made those stars and He made me too. Awesome!

January 09, 2009 7:16 PM  
Blogger dr sardonicus said...

Beautiful sunset.

Roland Burris actually was regarded as one of the more honest politicians in Illinois; he had a fine record as Attorney General. Why he is endangering his reputation now is beyond me. Perhaps Burris was gambling that he had enough respect that he'd be regarded as above the fray, and would be approved regardless of what happened to Blagojevich.

We tried to warn y'all about Pacman here in Tennessee...

January 09, 2009 8:35 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Stars are inspiration. They inspire songs, love and deep thoughts. They bring out the imagination that we sometimes bury due to the issues in our adult lives. Sometimes we forget to stop and look up.

I can gaze at the sky and be 6 years old again.


Later Y'all.

January 10, 2009 12:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home