A Blue State of Mind

"The biggest adventure you can ever take is to live the life of your dreams." Oprah

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Western U.S, United States

I spent 48 years caring about what people thought of me. I'm not spending the rest of my life caring about that anymore!

Friday, November 17, 2006

Come On Holidays


I'm about ready for some good old make-sure-everything's-packed-so-we-can-be-ready-to-get-on-the-highway-by-11a, hope-everyone-will-be-able-to-make-it, wow-it's-gonna-be-crowded-how-will-I-ever-find-time-to-do-homework?-man-I-shouldn't-have-eaten-all-that-dressing-and-chitlins-does-anybody-have-a-lemon?-holiday fun.


I've buried my uncle and pastor and cousin and nephew in 2006. I've undergone medical test after medical test this year. I've enrolled to complete my Master's. I've spent too much time blogging and blog reading this year. Time to gather in Vegas and start de-stressing. Well, as much de-stressing as you can while temporarily living w/1 mother, 1 sister, 2 brothers, 1 sis in law, 2 nephews, and 5 nieces in two small apartments. But de-stress I shall!


Yesterday at work they announced we are in a hiring freeze so anyone wanting to leave their departments will have to stay put until new budgets are announced. This does not bode well w/me because I'm actively seeking new positions. I hope this freeze doesn't last very long because I sorely want a new position but don't want to leave the company.


My mid-year's next week. Why would this guy schedule it for Thanksgiving week? He knows this is stupid and callous! He even called for class on Wednesday preceding Thanksgiving. What a maroon (yeah, maroon. Bugs Bunny, get it?). I've told him I'll be out of town so he said just find everything at the website. Cheers to you too, Buddy!


Two more days before a week's vacation. Two more days before I'm crunched in two apartments with 1 mother, 1 sister....you get the idea.


I can't wait.

5 Comments:

Blogger Kiyotoe said...

Heeeeeeeeey, I scheduled some of my employees reviews for around Thanksgiving too.

Wasn't a good idea? I was just trying to get them out of the way before the Christmas season when everyone will be out of the office on vacation.

Thanks Debo, now I feel bad.

November 17, 2006 11:50 PM  
Blogger Barb said...

(laughing at kiyotoe.. what a character he is!)

I hope you have a wonderful time and get completely de-stressed!

November 18, 2006 4:28 AM  
Blogger Shelby said...

Vacation is on its way... enjoy

November 18, 2006 6:33 AM  
Blogger Debo Blue said...

Kiyotoe-no, scheduling mid-terms and mid-years the week of a holiday is NOT nice!

Barb-thanks for the support. I've gotten great visitors from your site. You're definitely an inspiration.

Oregon-great site. I immediately 'felt' the photos.

November 18, 2006 9:47 AM  
Blogger Barb said...

I gave your blog a shout out today :)

November 20, 2006 5:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home