A Blue State of Mind

"The biggest adventure you can ever take is to live the life of your dreams." Oprah

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Western U.S, United States

I spent 48 years caring about what people thought of me. I'm not spending the rest of my life caring about that anymore!

Sunday, April 08, 2007

There Is No Joy Here


I am in a bad place and I don't know how to get out. I've never felt this alone, helpless, full of despair. I'm sharing this because it's in my heart and I've secretly carried this pain for some time now.

I know some of you will want to respond w/comments like, "Chin up, soldier on!" or "There will be other opportunities" but please dear readers, please don't leave the obligatory comments because the words will change nothing.

For now, let me cope w/the pain and loss on my own until I am strong enough to go on. But how can I go on with the grief of seeing David Batista lose his WWE championship belt to The Undertaker? Will there never be an end to this river of pain? How can I watch "Smackdown" week after week knowing Batista's a loser? Oh the black wretchedness that is my soul!

I must go now. If you need me I'll be in my bed, lovingly stroking my life-sized poster of Batista, the Champion.

Sigh.


9 Comments:

Blogger Heidi said...

I am in a bad place and I don't know how to get out. I've never felt this alone, helpless, full of despair. I'm sharing this because it's in my heart and I've secretly carried this pain for some time now.

Hey, if you ever need to talk to someone, please feel free to email me. I've had these feelings before, and they're no fun that's for sure. And while I'll commiserate with you if you want me to, I definitely won't tell you to "Chin up!" or "There will be other opportunites" because I HATE when people say that to me! :)

April 08, 2007 10:14 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I had the same feelings when my favorite nude female mud wrestler lost her first championship match. I was heart broken for months. Time heals all wounds. I found that going to a different nudie bar did help some, but I missed my favorite. I disposed of the mud covered thong that I had caught at ringside during one of her winning matches. I had sniffed away most of the smell there anyway.



Later Y'all

April 09, 2007 4:56 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey don't set me up like this!
Pull yourself up by the bootstraps, take it like a man, oh I can't think of any more cliches at the moment. Woe is me! And you from the sound of it.
Hope you had a great Easter.

April 09, 2007 7:51 AM  
Blogger Kiyotoe said...

you scared me for a second but now that i know the topic, i am free to say this:

Batista is WHACK! John Cena would put a whoopin' on him. And don't let my boy Duane "The Rock" Johnson EVER come back because he'd clean up the whole WWE!

If you smell what the Dragon is cookin'!

Hope you're feeling better :)

April 09, 2007 7:58 AM  
Blogger Lizza said...

You had me there for a moment, you naughty lady!

I hope your wrestler dude gets his act together. He shouldn't put you through that misery. ;-)

April 09, 2007 8:40 AM  
Blogger Jeni said...

Geez Debo, I thought when I started reading this post "OMG, I'm contagious!" Then came your punch and it was a good one too!
Time heals all wounds ya know but enjoy caressing the poster anyway. At least it gives you a good excuse to do that now doesn't it?

April 09, 2007 9:09 AM  
Blogger Spoon of life said...

You scared me there...are you sure you are not an actress?! ;)

Love to you!!!

M.

April 09, 2007 4:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know, Deb. A vice-presidential lust-fest with a paper wrestler?

April 10, 2007 8:24 AM  
Blogger Debo Blue said...

Heidi-welcome to the site and thanks for the support. I would email you but Batista might get jealous.

Melon-thanks for sharing that poignant example to help me get back on my feet again.

Sarala-welcome back. Sorry for the scare and thanks for all the professional cliches.

Kiyo-yo-be careful, I have close ties to the Karmulastani government and I'll send someone out there to find you. And they'll all look like The Rock after Batista gave him the Smackdown Beatdown. You better ask somebody!

Lizza-sniff. Thanks for understanding!

Jeni-you're right in that any excuse will do to fondle, er caress my poster Batista.

Maria-maybe I can get a bit part in your play?

Bob-you don't think Ryan will try to use this against me do you?

April 11, 2007 9:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home