A Blue State of Mind

"The biggest adventure you can ever take is to live the life of your dreams." Oprah

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Western U.S, United States

I spent 48 years caring about what people thought of me. I'm not spending the rest of my life caring about that anymore!

Thursday, April 05, 2007

Getting My Groove Back


I'm back and boy am I glad to be back! Talk about a busy couple of days. I've been busier than a produce manager at Easter time!


During the last few weeks I've:
  • been on a few interviews
  • planned uptraining for a group of about 90 folk
  • attended uptraining classes that I need to make my work life easier
  • received a ONEderful year-end review
  • started ANOTHER weight-loss plan
  • watched helplessly as my 32-year old brother moved back home
  • began reviewing year-end reviews for my direct reports
  • meetings
  • meetings
  • some other meetings to talk about those meetings!

So I'm glad to be here, alone with Pandora playing Michael Franks, checking out my favourite bloggers and sipping a watermelon slush.

Remember last week I told you about an Arizona Spring, how hot it is? Well, today it's expected to top out at 92 degrees. My family wants to have an Easter picnic on Saturday. Really? You expect me to leave the confines of an air conditioned home to sit outside in near boiling temperatures to watch children find brightly coloured eggs that start to rot the moment they're removed from the fridge? I don't think so.

Now, I don't mind hanging out if we get out there early, say 7:30a and leave before the heat's too oppressive, like say 1oa. Maybe if there was a pool, I could tolerate hanging around longer, but the only comfort I am assured of is throwing water all over myself like a big elephant while swatting annoying flies and mosquitoes.

No, Saturday morning I'm gonna complete my preparations for the church-attending-getting-all-dressed up-eating-like-there's-no-tomorrow marathon that is Easter in my house.

Easter morning we generally attend Sunrise Service (6:00am), find something to eat, then get all dressed up and attend Easter service (now formally called Resurrection Sunday) at 9:00a followed by the Easter Children's program. All in all we're in church from 6a-12 or 1p on Easter Sunday. Then home to eat, eat, eat!

I couldn't have planned today any better. The house is empty and I'm calm. The phone's not ringing, the dog's not barking. Just me and the Lord relaxing and getting my groove back.

I don't know what you're doing this weekend. Whatever it is I hope it's filled w/family, love, lots of food and nice weather.





11 Comments:

Blogger Kiyotoe said...

I'm working :(

it's a good thing i'm not in high school anymore, i would have had a ball acting up without Big Sis around to keep me in line.

April 05, 2007 5:20 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Dang it!! I'm a produce manager.. I have to work.
LOL

Later Y'all

April 05, 2007 6:27 PM  
Blogger Debo Blue said...

Dragon-Um hum. You know it too.

Melon-the only person busier than you on Easter is a Pentecostal preacher.

April 05, 2007 7:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go0od to see you back, Deb. Missed you.

April 05, 2007 9:01 PM  
Blogger Lizza said...

Welcome baaack! Gee, sounds like you were really busy. Your coming weekend sounds great. Busy, but fun and yummy. Have a great one!

April 05, 2007 10:34 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

Welcome back!!

It sounds like you have a wonderful Easter planned out. I wish we could trade the weather - it's going to be cold over here in TX.

Did the watermellon slushy have vodka in it?

April 06, 2007 6:37 AM  
Blogger Jeni said...

Cold here too this weekend -even a potential for -yes - SNOW! Now that sucks!
I "think" we will have the whole family except maybe my son if he went to work (on the road) this morning for dinner Sunday and will also then celebrate my oldest's birthday - she hits the big 40 today!
But boy, I am glad you are back, girl!

April 06, 2007 8:52 AM  
Blogger Debo Blue said...

Bob-are you being nice just to win my vote?

Lizza-busier than George Michael at a hair salon.

Ryan-I only drink on holidays and special occassions like paydays. Just kidding.

Jenni-my whole family will be together, except for the brother in Boise so we're expecting gangbusters!

April 06, 2007 10:16 AM  
Blogger Spoon of life said...

First of all WELCOME BACK!!!
You surely have your hands full over there...

I wish you a wonderful Easter time with your beautiful family...enjoy the chocolate;)

M.

April 06, 2007 10:36 AM  
Blogger Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

glad you are back, i checked in a few times to see about you. do you eat those hot cross buns after sunrise service. i remember those were sooo good...

smiles and happy easter, bee

April 06, 2007 11:04 PM  
Blogger Debo Blue said...

Maria-thanks for coming by.

Empress-thanks for cking, I'm loving your blond jokes!

April 06, 2007 11:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home