A Blue State of Mind

"The biggest adventure you can ever take is to live the life of your dreams." Oprah

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Western U.S, United States

I spent 48 years caring about what people thought of me. I'm not spending the rest of my life caring about that anymore!

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Feeling Better


Well, I'm finally coming around and feeling more like my old self. Thanks to support from readers like Melon and Lizza and their starkly different approaches of support and everyone else who shared. The despair over Batista losing his championship belt is subsiding. And even though there's still the bit of sorrow knowing The Undertaker is Smackdown's current reigning champ, I know in my heart that Batista will win back his coveted possession and once again make my world light and cheery again.

In other pressing news, I'm currently trying to be chosen as Vice-President under Bob Johnson and it's starting to become very political and VERY nasty. I now have political opponents trying to find dirt on me and even questioning my character-all because of the current political events unfolding in Karmulastan and our country's involvement there. You can read more of the goings on at Bob's site. I have learned that I now have to be very careful of what I post because my comments can quickly be taken out of context or used against me. Wish me luck that Bob will choose me. I've tried to convince him the many ways I can help his campaign. I'm gonna soon sweeten the pot-fundraising by selling chicken dinners at the church! Once he sees all the money I can bring in, he's sure to choose me.

Okay, getting back to reality. Easter Sunday was everything I knew it would be! The weather was beautiful during the day but later that night a dust storm surprised us and choked us all back inside.

My mom's dinner was excellent, plentious and tasty. We were all in good moods, no fighting, fussing or playa-hating. My niece Butterfly was the toast of the day as most babies are in family celebrations. She had everyone's attention and she loved it. I think she's on her way to being a ham like her Aunt Debo.

Well, time to get up and get ready for work. Thanks again for everyone wishing me well and sending positive thoughts my way. Although I'm feeling better, I think it's too early to put up my Batista poster though. You know, recovery can be a very long process...snicker, snicker.

7 Comments:

Blogger Sugar said...

Girl, you are too much! I hope you feel better too. (lol)

April 11, 2007 12:18 PM  
Blogger Jeni said...

Dang, Debo - I must have missed that part of you trying to get on board with Bob as his VP. I'm sure the fund raiser though - fried chicken, I presume - will be an excellent draw! Heck, it's darned near enough to get me to take out a small business loan and make a trip out to your neck of the woods just to get some GOOD fried chicken!
And, as to the Easter weather - now I know where our sunshine was that day. We had SNOW! Ok, where I live we only got maybe an inch or a little bit over that but a town about 25-30 miles from us got hit with 8, YES 8 inches of the white fluff stuff! Better them than me is my opinion on that commodity!
I'll put in a good word for you with Bob!

April 11, 2007 2:42 PM  
Blogger Spoon of life said...

I'm so glad you're feeling much better I was worry for you here;)

M.

April 12, 2007 8:32 AM  
Blogger Ryan said...

... and I thought jeni and I were friends.

Debo, you could be about the squeakiest clean croney I have ever seen.

I believe I'm going to throw in my towel and give you the reins.

I think you and Bob are in for a wild ride.

April 12, 2007 12:01 PM  
Blogger Kiyotoe said...

Vote Big Sis' in '07!

Send me my absentee ballot.

April 12, 2007 12:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just to clarify...Debo is trying to become the running mate ALONGSIDE Bob Johnson, not UNDER him.
Shades of Bill Clinton!
We don't want to start any rumours here that Ryan can use to undercut her candidacy.

April 12, 2007 8:47 PM  
Blogger Lizza said...

Glad you're feeling better.

Good luck on the candidacy! The USA will be a lot funnier (in a good way) under the leadership of you two.

P.S. You'll approve my visa so I can come visit, ok?

April 15, 2007 4:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home