A Blue State of Mind

"The biggest adventure you can ever take is to live the life of your dreams." Oprah

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Western U.S, United States

I spent 48 years caring about what people thought of me. I'm not spending the rest of my life caring about that anymore!

Sunday, February 04, 2007

What A Great Day!

Ever have one of those days where EVERYTHING goes right? Well today was my day! Today was a perfect day. I woke and went to church with my sister, then we hit the grocery store to pick up the ingredients required to compose our low-fat, tasty dinner.

If I had thought about it I would have taken pictures of my meal. Oh well, you'll just have to trust me. For the appetizer: spicy ahi tuna sushi rolls. Dinner: mussel & clam stew w/crusty bread and menudo. Dessert: fudge brownie.

I don't know why I thought we could cook while the Game was on. After an overcooked pot of mussel stew and two knife injuries later, we decided it's a better idea to cook BEFORE the game. Thank God I didn't cut off my fingers. Blood and sushi rice is never a good combination!

The Game was awesome! I feel so proud to be represented by the two Black coaches ever to in NFL history to make it to the Super Bowl. I'm so glad the Colts won (Dragon, if you're reading this, you must not know 'bout me). After seeing Vinatieri miss that first field goal and watching all the fumbles I was getting a bit bored. But those interceptions were exciting enough to regain and keep my attention. Nothing like an exciting game.


So I'm sitting here writing about my great day and winding down. At halftime, most of my guests went to another party and although I was invited, I didn't feel like being around a bunch of people. I just wanted to sit on the love seat and be close to my own restroom. After eating all that stuff I just knew I'd be needing private facilities before the game was over (wink).

Well Bloggerland, I'm off to get ready for next week's work-week where I "bear the cross for the boss." Hope you each had a wonderful day and a great week ahead.

3 Comments:

Blogger Smalltown RN said...

well I am so glad you had a great day...I like to hear about people have a good one....right on....

thanks for dropping by my blog...

Hope your week is a good one.

I just start my days off tomorrow....

February 05, 2007 1:24 AM  
Blogger Jeni said...

I didn't even watch the game yesterday - can you believe that? I don't even know now what the heck I was doing that took my mind off the time of the game. Brother, talk about being absent minded!

Would have loved to have been able to try the foods you served yesterday though. Really sounds very good.

And, small world isn't it - you check AccuWeather and yes, I worked there for seven years. It's really quite an interesting place, for sure!

February 05, 2007 9:27 AM  
Blogger Barb said...

You know it's probably driving Dragon nuts that he isn't commenting anywhere right now :)

February 08, 2007 11:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home