A Blue State of Mind

"The biggest adventure you can ever take is to live the life of your dreams." Oprah

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Western U.S, United States

I spent 48 years caring about what people thought of me. I'm not spending the rest of my life caring about that anymore!

Thursday, February 01, 2007



THIRTEEN THINGS I'D DO IF I WON THE $240M LOTTERY

You ever hear people, after they've won or inherited large sums of money say, "Money will NEVER change me!"? Well, I know thirteen things that will change if I won all this money. Hey, it's my dream, leave me alone:-)

1. Money will change my zip code. Just like the Jeffersons, I'm gonna move on up to a deluxe house over in Mar-Lago, right next to Donald Trump and his rich friends. And for winter trips, I'll use that multi-room single level cabin on my 2k acreage in Wyoming.

2. Money will change my phone number. My home number. My cell. My Blackberry. My fax number. Every number to reach me because I don't want to hear from my broke-tailed family calling me trying to make a connection now. Can't call or come by today? Don't call and come by when I'm rich!

3. Money will change my dress size. Just like Rosie did for Oprah, I'm going to find a personal live in chef to make my meals. Heck, I may even hire someone to FEED me. Everything good to eat and beneficial will be ready at every meal. Then, I'll hire a personal trainer to motivate and show me how to exercise the right way.

4. Money will change my license plate. Yep. I know all about global warming, but after cashing that check I'm buying the biggest, bluest Chevy Yukon. It will have Bose speakers, DVD screens on each back seat, GPS, Bluetooth, toothpaste, anything I think I'll need. My license plate will read HESA1DA which interpreted is He's a Wonder. Church folks know all about this old song.

5. Money will change my charitable contributions. Currently I contribute through my job, and I pay tithes, 10% of my income. A windfall will allow me to help smaller churches, the UNCF, Historically Black Colleges, AIDs research, and education.

6. Money will change my travel destinations. Yes, yes y'all I'm traveling the QE2, roundtrip. Dubai in the Spring. New York for the Christmas tree lighting and New Years in Switzerland.

7. Money will change the amount I can contribute to trading stocks and bonds etc. I'm currently in an investment club and we contribue $25 monthly. When I get my money, I'll be living off interest and lunching with Warren Buffett.

8. Money will change my skin type. Canyon Ranch, here I come! I'll have so many skin treatments my skin will look like a black velvet glove, it wil be so soft. No more pores so large you can hide coins. My skin will be taunt and glowing (this includes any plastic surgery deemed necessary).

9. Money will change the plastic in my wallet. I'll have the American Express Titanium card, the Starwoods card, and the American Express Red card which will contribute aid to Africa with every purchase made on the card. See? By spending lavishly, I'll be helping someone else. Who knew?

10. Money will change my mother's healthcare. No more quibbling about insurance approval for tests, no more being denied some health plan because she's a property owner. Our doctor will still do house calls, why you playin!

11. Money will certainly change my datebook. To the left, to the left all you suckers who ever farted and walked all over me. I'm gonna have notices of my new found wealth personally delivered in a singing telegram. Included will be a picture of my big fat a$$ with puckered lips that they can strategically paste anywhere on the picture.

12. Money will change my niece's and nephews' educational well being. Not just private school, 'cause I know private school can mess up a kid, but tutoring and exposure to things they'd never get in public school.

13. Money will change my daydreams because instead of daydreaming about what to do w/money, I'll actually have money and will be able to attend any football game, in style. I may even get a chance to sit in Jerry Jones' personal box. Like the late Godfather said, may he soon get buried (come on people what's up?), "Money talks, bullsh-- walks." Move over Jerry. You must not know 'bout me.

10 Comments:

Blogger Spoon of life said...

I love your "dreams" and I do believe one day they might become true...you never know in life...I surely wish you all this and some more!!!

Can you explain to me what this
"thursday thirteen" is?!
I've seen in in other blogs even for Fridays or other days...

Have a great one:)

M.

February 02, 2007 9:19 AM  
Blogger Jeni said...

Ah Debo - such good dreams you have! I've got a few of my own too if I were to win some really big bucks. My kids know the first things on my list though would be a Winnebago RV so I could travel this country and Canada, at least, before I go to my just rewards. And after that, trips to Sweden and Scotland - homes of my ancestors. Take the whole family with me too so they can see "from whence they came" in a sense.

After that, pay of the mortgages (mine and my son's), do lots of remodeling - upscale - to this old house.

And, be able to help others in need! Church, funding research, set aside money for education funds for my grandchildren so they will at least be able to get that much of a decent start in life and not have to wait till they are 50 to go to school and then, on borrowed funds to boot!

Between the two of us, we could darned near change the world, couldn't we - if only we would win! I'd like to have included with my "reward" for being wealthy, box seats, best in the house, for all Penn State Football games and same for the Washington Redskins. Old habits/teams die hard!

February 02, 2007 1:11 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Debo, you sure know how to live. Or would if you could.
I hope you win one of these days.

February 02, 2007 3:24 PM  
Blogger Debo Blue said...

I'll make a confession...I haven't bought a lottery ticket in years. Maybe one day I will.

February 02, 2007 10:20 PM  
Blogger Barb said...

Very creative 13!!! I'll take a spin with you in that Yukon!

February 03, 2007 1:59 AM  
Blogger Shelby said...

that's too funny - and honest - I love it :)

February 04, 2007 5:49 PM  
Blogger Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

before you take your cruise email me and i'll tell you all the secrets and tips on cruises! what fun we have!!

smiles, bee

February 04, 2007 5:56 PM  
Blogger Debo Blue said...

Barb-heck yeah. We're cruisin big time in that Yukon!

East-I'm just preparing everyone for my departure (wink).

Empress-I will do that. I saw on tonight's news that the QE2 was under the Golden Gate bridge. Sigh...

February 04, 2007 9:36 PM  
Blogger Blu Jewel said...

I love your list and for the most part I agree with it. If I had that kind of money, I would ensure my daughter's education is secured, her house, and car too. I would take care of my church and some charities too. The ride or die friends would have their debts paid as would my closest and most treasured family members. Outside of that, I'd purchase a piece of land somewhere and write until I couldn't write anymore. I wouldn't need much to keep me content outside of that.

February 05, 2007 3:41 AM  
Blogger Lizza said...

Great list! If you ever win that lottery, come on over to the Philippines. :-D

February 07, 2007 10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home