A Blue State of Mind

"The biggest adventure you can ever take is to live the life of your dreams." Oprah

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Western U.S, United States

I spent 48 years caring about what people thought of me. I'm not spending the rest of my life caring about that anymore!

Thursday, February 08, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #11


THIRTEEN MOTIVATIONAL THOUGHTS TO LIVE BY


I was lurking over at Chel & Chelle's and found this on their site. It's so great I HAD to steal:-). Anyway, their list is longer than 13 so go over and view it in its entirety. Meanwhile, enjoy!

1. If you can't be kind, at least have the decency to be vague.

2. If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

3. Always read stuff that will make you look good if you die in the middle of it.

4. Accept that somedays you're the pigeon, and some days you're the statue.

5. Always keep you words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat them.

6. Never buy a car you can't push.

7. The early worm gets eaten by the bird, so sleep late.

8. When everything's coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.

9. Birthdays are good for you; the more you have the longer you live.

10. Ever notice that the people who are late are often much jollier than the people who have to wait for them?

11. You may be only one person in the world, but you may also be the world to one person.

12. Happiness comes through doors you didn't even know you left open.

This last one reminded me of my aunt. I'm still so upset she's gone but this last one helps brighten my perspection...
13. Don't cry because it's over; smile because it happened.


8 Comments:

Blogger Spoon of life said...

Hehehe this is great!!!

M.

February 08, 2007 10:12 AM  
Blogger Jeni said...

Oh so true! The one about people being late, etc - very much says it all about my older daughter always being late and me, almost always being ticked off! The last one - yeah, brought tears as it immediately made me think too of my aunt, who passed this past October. So glad she happened along in my life. But I definitely am going to adopt the one about the early bird and sleeping late - great advice in that adage - absolutely right on target it is! (I'm definitely a late riser ya know!) Really good post!!! REALLY!

February 08, 2007 10:21 AM  
Blogger Lizza said...

That's a good list! I particularly like numbers 4, 7, 9, 12.

But #13 is probably my favorite of them all. :-)

Have a great weekend!

February 09, 2007 10:16 PM  
Blogger Vanessa said...

That was great!

I love your space. Thanks for your comments!

Peace.

February 11, 2007 4:00 AM  
Blogger Blu Jewel said...

i've seen this before, but it was nice to read it again. thanks for stealing; I mean posting it

February 13, 2007 10:23 AM  
Blogger Spoon of life said...

Have a wonderful Valentine's Day!!!
Lots of love to you and to all your loved ones!!!

M.

February 14, 2007 8:59 AM  
Blogger Shelby said...

this is great!

February 15, 2007 5:13 PM  
Blogger Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

very cute list honey...

smiles, bee

February 15, 2007 8:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home