A Blue State of Mind

"The biggest adventure you can ever take is to live the life of your dreams." Oprah

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Western U.S, United States

I spent 48 years caring about what people thought of me. I'm not spending the rest of my life caring about that anymore!

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Thursday Thirteen #4


Thirteen Great Things to do When Feeling Blue (according to me)


One of my favourite bloggers was feeling down the other day but I hadn't known about it because my tail was stuck at work and my head was stuck in the books. Because we all will feel down, unimportant and invisible at one time or another, I thought to share some of things I do when I'm feeling blue.


1. Listen to uplifting music.

2. Pray and read the Bible.

3. Go to an ultra-exclusive store's website (Neiman Marcus, Ralph Lauren), fill the shopping cart with EVERYTHING I could buy if I had the money, complete the order form then leave it all there.

4. Light my favourite candles from Bath & Body Works and just lie there listening to music with the volume turned very low.

5. Compare my life to the richest or luckiest person I can think of, then compare everything I have that s/he doesn't (i.e. they'll never know my grandfather or my daddy, they'll never see my niece's perfect smile etc).

6. Watch my favourite movies (Blazing Saddles, Diary of a Mad Black Woman).

7. Change my bed linen, spray it down w/my favourite scent (currently Sheer Veil or Armani Code) then crawl into bed w/a bunch of mags or the notebook.

8. Cook something low-fat and pretend I'm starring in my own cooking show. I talk through the whole event, from chopping onions and garlic to heating the pan.

9. Sit outside on my porch listening to my iPOD and singing.

10. Call a friend and just listen to them talk. Most will be so glad to just have someone listen to their problems mine will begin to fade and I'll see how blessed I really am.

11. Mentally list all the things I'd like to do before I die (touch a horse, spend a few weeks in snowy Vermont or Maine at a picturesque B&B writing the next great all-American novel, graduate Grad school).

12. Turn off the phones, turn down the iPOD and take a few naps.

13. Watch "Jerry Springer". My self esteem rises considerably after watching those losers.

14. Allow myself to get better.

15. If I'm not getting better, call my doctor. Hey, there's nothing wrong with Christians seeking medical help for mental and emotional problems.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Deb,
You (and I!) just never know what I'm going to do. Now your tagged!

Bob
http://bobs-odder-blog.blogspot.com

December 07, 2006 6:35 AM  
Blogger Blu Jewel said...

love #3,4,7,8 (too cute),& 14. Great list girlie. btw, that was 15...lol

December 07, 2006 4:31 PM  
Blogger Barb said...

You're so sweet.

December 08, 2006 12:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home