A Blue State of Mind

"The biggest adventure you can ever take is to live the life of your dreams." Oprah

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Western U.S, United States

I spent 48 years caring about what people thought of me. I'm not spending the rest of my life caring about that anymore!

Saturday, December 02, 2006

I Think My Cover's About to Be Blown

Okay, so one of my friends published on her blog her impressions or thoughts of me. And, of course I've agonized about it since reading it this evening. I mean really, that's what she thinks of me? When I featured her on my blog was I that mean and personal?

I'm glad I read it. Am I being paranoid? Perhaps I'm irritated because I've tried to interpret what she's saying from every possible angle. Maybe I'm just feeling offended that she opened up about her impressions of me on a WORLDWIDE blog!!

I really can't explain how I'm feeling except that now I wish I hadn't shared my blog with her. Like Blogaway has said, sometimes what we put in our blogs can come back and hurt us so we have to be diligent about the information we put out here in this blogosphere. Now I have to wonder how many others she's shared this with.

Going forward, do I continue to put my heart out here on this blog or create a new one and not share it? I know that I'll continue to blog because this is why I created this blog in the first place.

I just wanted a vehicle I could refer to from time to time, hiding behind the cloak of anonymity of the Internet to tell how I'm feeling. Along the way though I stumbled upon some great blogs and left my calling card by commenting on their sites. I began to enjoy finding comments left on my ramblings. It makes me feel 'certified' if you will.

So this is MY thing. Something I haven't even shared w/my family. A place I can come to throughout the morning to get a climate of other people from all walks of life, beliefs, intelligence level and most importantly THEY don't judge me.

I decided not to get on one of those auto link sites because I don't want to draw more attention to my blog and get all kinds of traffic, but then I'm tickled pink whenever I hear from my 'regulars' or someone new stops by to say hello or commend a particular thought. I think this is termed passive-agressive, but I'm not sure.

All I know is that I enjoy what I'm doing. It's fun, I get to travel all over the world without leaving my bedroom/kitchen/living room, and I can communicate w/people I'd not ordinarily associate with. I'm sorry about the rambling and I'm probably analyzing this thing too much.

7 Comments:

Blogger Barb said...

Hurray for you!!!! I've seen so many others in the blogging world ready to throw in the towel over something like this.

You hit the nail right on the head. Your blog is YOU. It's yours to do with and write about whatever you wish.

December 03, 2006 8:30 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I haven't really discussed blogging with friends and family. I've heard too many comments made about blogging being narcissistic and so on.
Nonetheless, I'm having a great time and am enjoying sharing with total strangers.
It is too bad that your blog became battle ground.
Keep on writing, though.

December 03, 2006 10:13 AM  
Blogger Kiyotoe said...

Like Skit said, your blog is YOU but at the same time, your friend (i read that blog by the way) has the right to be HER on her blog too. Didn't sound like she meant any harm, just being honest which I think this blog stuff is all about, whether it's being honest with us or yourself. Most times honesty has repercussions, in this medium i don't think it has.

My brother from another mother got me into blogging because he knows how much writing means to me and now through the 2 of us, my younger brother, girlfriend, aunt, and a co-worker have all created a blog and we all support, criticize, and laugh at each other.

Point: it can be a personal thing but it can also be a family affair if you want it to be.

p.s. - i'm gonna go out on a limb and assume i'm one of those "regulars" that you like to hear from and YET, I'm nowhere to be found in your links. Should I be hurt????

December 03, 2006 1:58 PM  
Blogger Pea said...

Ramble on! So long as you keep doing it on here, it's all good! Oh wow I think everyone in my life knows about my blog and sometimes I wish it wasn't like that. This is a great blog, how dare you even ask if you should continue to pour your heart out here!! I feel you, though.. starting over and not telling anyone has been a tempting thought for me for half of my blogger life. You bless more people than you know so Shhh! Keep blogging!! God bless. Um, care to share who blogged about you?

December 03, 2006 10:00 PM  
Blogger Debo Blue said...

Barb-you're right, this is MY blog.

Sarala-I know just how you feel, I enjoy blogging. It's become addictive and I'm not going to let this become a battleground.

Dragon-thanks for the support. I didn't know you knew the site. But I'm glad you shared your perspective. Now quit sweating me about linking to you, I'm not well-skilled at this stuff like most of you. I DO consider you a 'regular'-(sounds risque now doesn't it?)and you will be linked asap.

Pea-where have you been little darlin? That site is linked under Get Your Supervisor on my blog. I'd like to hear your perspective too.

December 03, 2006 11:28 PM  
Blogger Blu Jewel said...

Whether one person or no one reads your blog, it's not about them. Blogging is a forum for you to express yourself however you deem appropriate. There are and will always be people who have something negative to say, so don't let that get you down. Find the joy in what you do and keep on doing it.

December 04, 2006 4:32 AM  
Blogger Sheri said...

Good for you, and don't worry about what anyone else writes or confesses about you. Keep your blog honest. I try to do the same, although I've gotta tell you: I sure hope my sister never finds my blog. I write about her stupidity all the time.

December 04, 2006 2:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home