A Blue State of Mind

"The biggest adventure you can ever take is to live the life of your dreams." Oprah

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Western U.S, United States

I spent 48 years caring about what people thought of me. I'm not spending the rest of my life caring about that anymore!

Monday, December 04, 2006

Some Tips to Help You Be Phat and Fly

"Debo Debo Debo can't you see? Sometimes your words just hypnotize me. And I just love your flashy style..." I wonder how many know which song this is? It goes back a few years if you can remember the melody. Hint: think trumpet player Chuck Magionne.

Folks who are fat and want to be phat and fly, I'm gonna share some web sites for you to check out. Unfortunately Blogger's not allowing me to link or format my blog tonight so you'll have to take my word that these sites are around.

1. Silhouettes.com (Sizes up to 56! Great variety, quality of clothes, current fashions)
2. UllaPopken.com (Sizes up to 54! Great variety, awesome quality, not so current fashions)
3. Coldwatercreek.com (Sizes up to 24. Awesome variety and quality, more relaxed than business)
4. Lanebryantcatalog.com (Sizes up to 56! The old standby. Good variety but quality lags)
5. Roamans.com (See Lane Bryant)
6. Marylandsquare.com (Sizes to 13 EEE! Good variety, awesome quality)
7. Cowardsshoes.com (See Maryland Sqare)
8. Macys.com (Sizes to 24. Awesome variety and quality)
9. Dilliards.com (See Macy's)
10. Old Pueblo Trader (sorry, don't know the link)
11. JMS-Just My Size (Stockings, tights, undies for the rest of us. Good variety)
12. Junonia.com (For the workout bunch. Pretty pricey for workout clothes)
13. Catherine's (Sizes up to 54. Horrible website, poor quality of clothes)
14. Avenue (Sizes to 32. Great variety, current fashions)

6 Comments:

Blogger Blu Jewel said...

Though I'm on the smaller end of the size spectrum, it's nice to see a post that speaks favorably and fashionably of the robust woman.

I have size ten feet, so I'll check out the link for the shoes.

December 04, 2006 4:25 AM  
Blogger Barb said...

Thanks for the BBW list! I shop locally at Fashion Bug Plus :)

December 04, 2006 6:43 AM  
Blogger Kiyotoe said...

I don't know about the original but i'm very familiar with the Notorious B.I.G. who sampled it on one of his hits.

As for women with a little meat on their bones, psshh, wouldn't have it any other way. No fun rubbing up against pointy bones and grabbing my own elbows during a hug....

yuck.

December 04, 2006 8:22 AM  
Blogger Sheri said...

thank you so much. This is really going to help me be accepted by my peers now. lol

I love your blog.

December 04, 2006 2:53 PM  
Blogger Debo Blue said...

2 Blu-have you tried Zappo's.com? You'll find alot of great looking size 10s.

2 Barb-I've never shopped at Fashion Bug. Thanks for adding to the list.

2 Kiyotoe-"Unh, Unh, sicker than your average..."

2 Sheri-welcome to the blog.

December 04, 2006 11:50 PM  
Blogger Pea said...

(Warning: This comment is totally not in sync with the post.)

I just read the Get Your Supervisor thing on you and whoa! That was a little harsh, my forehead's still crinkled, tryna figure out if friendship is defined the same way by all people.

You have a beautiful name!

December 05, 2006 1:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home