A Blue State of Mind

"The biggest adventure you can ever take is to live the life of your dreams." Oprah

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Western U.S, United States

I spent 48 years caring about what people thought of me. I'm not spending the rest of my life caring about that anymore!

Thursday, May 03, 2007

It Only Took Me A Year




It's official, this is my 100th post!

Yay!

And it only took a year to get here. I know, I know. There are some of you out there that blog up to 5 articles a day like Empress. She probably hit 100 in her 3rd week.

I still wish my writing could be as interesting and humourous as Bob's, Ryan's and Melon's or as colourful and unpretentious as Sarala's, Maria's and Lizza's or as thought invoking as Dragon's and Dave's.

Oh well, you'll just have to read about my life in plain text. One thing I have done, and that's shortening the average read length from three minutes to one minute. In case you have more time on your hands, you can always stop by Jeni's and read about her village life. Make sure to have something to drink:-)

12 Comments:

Blogger Lizza said...

Coooooongratulations on post #100!

Don't sell yourself short; you have your own way of telling stories that we enjoy.

Now, what will you be serving at the virtual celebration party?

May 04, 2007 12:45 AM  
Blogger Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

congratulations! and i love reading your posts!

smiles, bee

May 04, 2007 5:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on turning 100!

Any chance that you're going to unleash "The Cookie" now that you're all growed up?

May 04, 2007 6:07 AM  
Blogger Jeni said...

And, if you think I'm long-winded when I write, you don't EVER want to talk to me on the phone. LOL I think it all comes from having constant contact with just the grandkids and the opportunity to reach out to sdome REAL adults for some kind of conversation or communication is just, well overwhelming then. I'm trying to shorten my pieces but man, old habits really die hard ya know!

May 04, 2007 7:48 AM  
Blogger Jeni said...

And, just to prove how senile I am too, I forgot completely about wishing you a "Happy 100th" - good job on getting those posts up there, kid!

May 04, 2007 9:50 AM  
Blogger Kiyotoe said...

You're 100th and my 31st all on the same day!!

Dragon: "050376".

You're obviously providing us all with something we need because we all keep coming back. For me, the stuff you write is so genuine and sincere that it really makes me feel like i'm talking/reading something by a family member.

hence the nickname.

keep doing what you're doing and we'll keep reading. ;)

May 04, 2007 11:32 AM  
Blogger Kiyotoe said...

oh yeah.....why I gotta be a perv????

you know what i'm alking about :(

May 04, 2007 11:33 AM  
Blogger Spoon of life said...

Ohhh CONGRATULATIONS!!!
I think you're great I love reading your posts!!!
And your pictures...oh my oh my...they are always so touching, funny and stunning!!!

By the way stop by at my place...we got news...

Baaahhh!!!

M.

May 04, 2007 1:27 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

We wouldn't be coming back if we didn't like what you have to say. Still writing after a year is pretty good in my book. Keep it up.

May 05, 2007 5:30 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I am just so proud of you! I just have to do this.

{{{{{{{FART}}}}}}}}}}

I aint the huggy kissy ass type but I will give you a big juicy fart.

Congratulations on #100.

Later Y'all

May 08, 2007 4:46 AM  
Blogger Ryan said...

I have never seen anyone 'fart' on a comment. That's classic.

Congrats on the 100 posting. That is a big deal. I hope to see at least that many more in the near future.

I'll be taking a little vacation for few months, but I'll be back to catch up on your life in the Fall.

Take care Debo, and keep posting.

May 08, 2007 8:02 AM  
Blogger Jeni said...

And, here I am back again to tell you that I just tagged you today. You can pick it up at my blog. And also, I still have the tag/meme you got me with, copied over to a word document and will get to it as soon as the fog clears from my pea brain and I have enough time to sit down and really THINK about how to post to that puppy!

May 09, 2007 2:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home